Friday, March 20, 2015

Sleep or Lack of-

I wasn't planning on posting today, but as I was cleaning my kitchen and watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta (yes I secretly wish I could flip a table over at a dinner party) and yes that is from another Real Housewives show, I also watch them all; I got to thinking about my sleep or lack of!!!!  Now I have friends that I am not sure how they do it!  They seem to hardly ever sleep and can function just fine.   Now me on the other hand I need sleep and lots of it too function.  It is on my top 10 list of important things even more important than my cell phone and social media.  I can lay down at anytime and take a nap.  My husband doesn't understand this at all.  He is one of those that can function on 5 hours of sleep.  I never had interrupted sleep with my two older children.  They can seem to sleep through anything.  Now my 9 year old has only slept through the night a handful of times.  She doesn't seem to need much sleep.  In her defense she does suffer form night terrors and anxiety.  We go through spurts where she will do good and then we have a rough spell.   Here recently she has also added what we think is sleep walking into the mix.  Two totally different events.  Her night terrors are scary.  She wants her mommy and daddy and gets sometimes a little physical by pushing me away.  If we can get her a couple of good drinks of water and make sure she is totally awake then we are good.  Her sleep walking is kind of random.  Last night she came to my side of the bed and leaned way over my face and said MOM!!!! Well I thought maybe a murderer was gong to get me.  (too many Criminal Minds episodes)  After I got my heart rate back down, I said what she said HI!!! I was like HI back.  Now go back to bed and she did!  It only took me about 30 minutes to calm down and get back to sleep.  What I find funny is my husband never missed a breath in his sleep.  How does this happen?  Or does he do what I do when on the rare occasion that she goes to his side of the bed.  Lay there and pretend to be asleep so he handles it.  bahahahaha  I always wake up, but sometimes I pretend I don't until I see what the issue is?  I wonder if any other moms ever pretend to be asleep?  I love my littlest to the moon and back, but these middle of the night trips are exhausting.  And yes we have tried Melatonin.  She does take an anxiety medicine that helps.  First one was at two, Dr. thought we would be done by 5, here we are going to be 10 in one week.  I see no end in sight, but what I do see is lots of naps!!!!   Random I know, but as I feel like a zombie today, I wanted to let others know if you see me out and I don't wave or acknowledge it may be because I am tired and not functioning on all cylinders.

 Hope you all have a great weekend!!! 

TIRED Crazy Mom of 3!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment